Let’s look at some of the statistics about plastic bag pollution …
• Up to 80% of ocean plastic pollution enters the ocean from the land.
• At least 267 species of marine life have been affected by plastic pollution in the ocean
• 100,000 marine animals are killed by plastic bags annually.
• The average family only recycles 15 bags per year, the rest end up in landfills as litter.
• Plastic bags are used for an average of 12 minutes
• It takes 500 (or more) years for a plastic bag to degrade in landfill. But unfortunately even then the bags don’t break down completely, becoming micro-plastics that absorb toxins and continue to pollute the environment.
• Every wrap can save up to 75 meters of plastic wrap going into landfill or ocean, per year.
This information is obtained from (www.biologicaldiversity.org)
Boho Bee Company is contributing to the movement towards more sustainable products, by producing and promoting our 100% natural beeswax wrappers.
How are Boho Bee wraps eco-friendly?
• They are reusable
• They are made with 100% natural products
• They are biodegradable
• They will last for a year or longer
• They are compostable